we're the smoke on a burnt horizon.
[html]
-Fail.-
§

He nodded numbly with a soft Mm, even though the entire affair made little sense to him. He wondered what kind of leader decided a multi-front conflict was a good idea in the throes of civil war. Was he driven by desperation or madness? And what of the wolves who blindly followed his rule? Couldn't they see that a string of brazen, unprovoked attacks would be met with crushing, organised retaliation? There was no Law in their Wilderness, but anyone that rocked the boat too much was bound to get thrown overboard eventually. It was a drama played out again and again throughout history — by Andrezej, by Salvaged Eternity, by Haku. The star changed but the outcome was inevitably the same: violent death or exile.

Barrett was too young and ignorant to know anything about these cases, but he was not naive. Traitors and madmen were punished. Subterfuge and infamy could only carry them so far — eventually the lies caught up with them or groups rallied together to eradicate the problem. When the risk of not acting exceeded the risk of confrontation, it was game over for the offending party. Maybe so, he said slowly, carefully. He wasn't trying to be contradictory. It sounds like it woulda caught up with him eventually. Can't keep pulling crap like that and expect nobody to take notice, he mulled, offering Ehno a rare glimpse into his true Self — one that was esoteric, calculating and somewhat cynical (if realistic). It stood in sharp contrast to the thoughtless, carefree projection he usually put forth.

Just as quickly, it was gone. His gaze unsharpened and his tail flopped. Anyway, so long as it's over with. I'm not sure what all I can do, but if you need any supplies or help repairing damage they caused, look me up. Or if you just wanna unwind sometime, eh? he offered. Statistics and logistics aside, he supposed Ehno might want to get away in the future... once he was confident the situation at home was wholly stabilised. I've been in southeastern Halifax, he added. Once upon a time, he wouldn't dreamed of divulging the garage's location; nowadays it seemed inconsequential. If the Marino had any use for him at present, he'd gladly honour his word and lend a paw (or an ear... or a smoke); if not, he supposed it might be best to just let him be. Not all of his questions were answered, but the most important were and he didn't want to keep dredging up what his elder was surely trying to put to rest.

<style>
.barry-decay p {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barry-decay b {color:#F29D1A; font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;text-shadow: #834A15 0.1em 0.1em 0.3em;quotes:'“' '”';}
.barry-decay b:before{content:open-quote;}
.barry-decay b:after{content:close-quote;}
.barry-decay {font-family: verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#834A15; text-align: justify; letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... y-name.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:175px 0px 15px 0px;width:100%;border:0;}
.barry-decay p:first-letter {font-size:17px;font-weight:normal;font-family:georgia,serif;}
.barry-decay-ext{background-color:#aaa; border:3px double #000000;width:90%; margin:0 auto; width:495px;-moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;margin-top:20px;}
.barry-decay .ooc {padding:0px 25px 0px 25px; margin:0px;font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-size:10px;color:#BD5B0F;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:0px;}
.barry-decay .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #222222;}
.barry-decay .split {text-align:center; color:#441b00; font-size:20px;display:block; -webkit-transform: rotate(90deg);-moz-transform: rotate(90deg);-ms-transform: rotate(90deg);-o-transform: rotate(90deg);transform: rotate(90deg);}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread