The Lady Don't Mind
[html]
. as am I! / +423 !

The voice of the one who interrupted her sickness brought on another wave of vomiting, as if the gentle words were the cause of her illness. Nayru knew who had come up behind her before the voice reached her, but still she had not turned to face him, preferring the safety of being so close to the ground and ocean rather than up in the air where vertigo might overtake her. Only when he was so close and reaching out to her did she turn and take him hand, her face full of embarrassment at the man finding her in such a state. That his co-leader be puking her guts out on hands and knees along the shoreline was certainly not what the hybrid had hoped to run across today, and yet there was no changing that now. "Raz…" Nayru allowed herself to be hauled up by her friend, and wavered uneasily on her feet. "I don't feel so well these days."

It was all she could do to move away from the water with the aid of the man. At his nearness and touch the patchy memories of Samhain resurfaced, and Nayru remembered for the first time what had truly transpired. Before there had only been blackness where there should have been memories. It had been as if a few hours of her life had never happened, and now little bits and pieces came back. Her laughing, smiling, he as well. She, only too eager, he only too willing. Nayru would have flushed then at the thought of their actions if not for sinking again to her feet, now several yards away from the shore where the ocean continued to clean up after the Jiryu.

Laying down in the sand, as if it were the best of beds, she closed crimson eyes to the world and to Razekiel. The knowledge that should have been there before startled her, and yet she found she was not sorry for it. Only, was he? There wasn't much reason to dwell on it though, in her current state. Surely the phantom illness was of more importance now than the careless actions of two creatures high on life, smoke and intoxication. Opening cherry orbs to him, she smiled feebly, brushing back fur that had fallen in her fair when she laid herself down. "I'm glad you're here." And she realized that truly she was, because although she hadn't wished for anyone to witness such a scene, she could not help but find comfort in her friend's presence.

<style type="text/css">
.naynay b {font-weight:bold; color:#eca49b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #240905; }
.naynay p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naynay {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#95524b; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15gzbib.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #240905; padding: 190px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d110b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naynay p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naynay p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread