The Lady Don't Mind
[html]
. ! / + !

Nayru felt at peace there, with the man, her fingers locked into his. And then he spoke the name she had in some ways so easily forgotten. Her heart fluttered at the mention of the boy she had known as a friend, brother and lover and she turned cherry eyes from Razekiel. Could this sickness be a strange mourning for Gideon? Had not the drunken night of Samhain been enough? Abandoning Cerne Rise and becoming a nomad in her own homelands? Nayru shook her head and did not comment on the suggestion, merely turning her face back to the coyote hybrid with a new smile upon her face, as if to say: "No, see? I am fine. Happy even. My heart does not break."

And surely the man must have believed her, for he began to dig for the very drug that she craved just then. As if it could cure all the world's ailments, as it seemed to for him. Nayru watched him withdraw the rolled herbs from his bag and she began to reach for it, only all too eager to grab it up. And yet his voice halted her, fingers floating in the air. Suddenly he began pensive, suddenly something felt not right. So much so that Nayru withdrew her fingers from his, and sat up just a little bit. Unless what Raz? Nayru sat up further, concern suddenly filling every space in her being. Unless what? What’s wrong with me? And the question she should have known the answer to lingered in the air until it was swallowed up by the waves of the Ocean Father.

<style type="text/css">
.naynay b {font-weight:bold; color:#eca49b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #240905; }
.naynay p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.naynay {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#95524b; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15gzbib.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #240905; padding: 190px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d110b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.naynay p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.naynay p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread