Bringing home the Bacon
[html]

Hopefully the PP's okay. Gunnar's being bossy. xD

Word Count → 000

Gunnar grinned at her reaction and his tail waved behind him. I was hoping I wasn't, actually. He replied in an easy tone before falling into a calm silence as they moved along.

Eventually the herd came into view and Gunnar dropped lower into the brush, signalling for her to do the same. His voice became a whisper, barely audible. Alright... let's check out our options here. He murmured to Fia, eyes on the herd.

Ahead of them were about four or five deer, three of them does, a young buck and an older stag. One doe seemed vaguely fatter than the others, suggesting pregnancy... and another moved with a hesitant limp. Either an injury they couldn't see from afar... or a bad joint from the cold weather. The two bucks still had their antlers; the younger one only sported two branches, the older almost six from what Gunnar could tell.

He relayed the information quietly. ...our best bet would be the doe with the limp. She'd be the easiest to take down. He whispered, feeling very much in-tune with the situation. I'll play ambush, since this is your first secui hunt. Chase the herd away and try to seperate the injured doe from the rest, okay? Herd her towards me and I'll do the rest. He looked over to Fia and perked his ears, a gentler look entering gray eyes.

Stay down wind and wait for my signal. You ready? Always the avid leader, and so unused to sharing the hunt... hopefully they'd do well together. With any luck, Fia would be able to keep up.

<style type="text/css">
.gunnargrove b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff;}
.gunnargrove p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.gunnargrove {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#3e3538; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/egonlz.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; border-radius:10px; padding: 360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F0CEA3; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.gunnargrove .wordcount {color:#F0CEA3; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #ffffff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.gunnargrove .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#ffffff;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread