My Baby Loves Love
He held her to him, forcing himself to ease the possessive grip on her. He looked down at her again, laughing softly at her, still feeling a little shaky from the sheer intensity of the lust that had washed over him. "Not too soon, I hope, kiddo." Calling her kiddo had become something of a joke with him, a loving and teasing pet name. He kissed the top of her head, not quite trusting himself to kiss her lips again.

He kissed her forehead, whispering softly. "I'm so glad you came out of the war safely. I was so angry when Skye wouldn't let me leave the lands at all. I wanted to go find you, to protect you. I wanted to be sure you didn't get hurt. I love you too much to lose you. It was only when my father's mate came back that I realized it, when I saw how worried for her he'd been, and realized I was just as worried about you."

He laughed self-consciously. He hadn't meant to ramble about it, or about how much he had worried. But his concern for her seemed like a safer topic than the searing kisses they'd been sharing moments before.

Messages In This Thread