peeling layers
[html]
<3

Aemon knew some of the struggles of training young fighters. He himself had been charged with the instruction of several adolescents. But being young himself, he certainly felt like he had learning to do. Ezekiel was older than him by at least a year or two, by Aemon's estimation. But the boy, he thought, was much closer in age. Max had wolfish features that had still often startle Aemon for a moment when seeing him in passing. The boy was large, he had weight, but it was all disbursed well in those long, skinny limbs of his. One day soon, Aemon himself hoped to train with the young man. He was unlike many of Scintilla's warriors, and the silvery coy-wolf was always looking to learn.

Removing his pack and setting it beside him, Aemon gave a light chuckle at the golden Aquila's observation. Crimson eyes flickered to the pouches that hung above the Aquila briefly with mild interest. That's good, though, he conceded, turning his hands in front of the fire and rubbing them together. Across the smoky blur of the fire, Ezekiel's gaze seemed pensive; but maybe it was just the light from the fire. Before he could bring it up, though, the questions came for him again. He looked down at the fire then, and took a breath. My brother Ithiel and I were raised as warriors in Scintilla... I've known combat since I was young; I've grown to like pole weapons, he said, nodding to his half-completed spear shaft, but I'm good with most other weapons, too. I became a Lieutenant before I left, with a few younger men under me. In truth it was my Captain, Kastra, who first told me of this place. She's looking for Gabriel, too. Her father was a man named Eli who was there during his sub-leadership; maybe you know him, he explained with a shrug, idly pulling at a dreaded lock of his thick gray hair. Anyway, he continued, leaning forward into the warmth of the crackling flames, I assume she'll eventually come see for herself. She'll be sad that he's gone, he thought with a frown; he was not happy for it himself, but would pray on his father's return to this place.

<style type="text/css">
.adlp b {font-weight:bold; color:#6f84a6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e192a; }
.adlp p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.adlp {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#2f3a41; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EWAeA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787f8b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.adlp p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.adlp p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread