All things are difficult before they're easy
[html]
Yeah! They're your character's NPCs, so you can play them. Smile At least I hope I didn't misunderstand your question. ^^; / +357

Wayne flattened his ears slightly when the buzzard-thing glowered at him and the oddly-feathered eagle greeted him. He was supposed he shouldn’t be too surprised to see a talking bird, as he’d met some crows before that knew broken High Speech. He gave a stiff nod to the bird.

That was when the woman showed up, and the Labrador mix noted that she was pretty polite and friendly if not super outgoing—which was fine by him. He wasn’t quite used to talking to new people without Dixie doing most of the chattering, and conversation starters always made him awkward, but give him topic and he was as sociable as the next guy. In this case, the topic was the work that needed to get done, which made it easier on him.

The copper-streaked wolf explained that she had come out here to be useful, and Wayne flashed a small smile of approval. “Good, then.” He watched with some awe as the birds went to grab the wood. Animals always proved themselves useful in some way, often in the way that no one expected, such as Duke and Gypsy taking on the mountain lion together.

He nodded as they shook hands. “Can’t honestly say I’m the guy to come to if ya have huge questions about the pack, but I’ll lend a hand if ya ever need one.” Some devoted member he sounded like—but he was used to being a helpful wanderer. It had been so much easier on the road with Dixie.

Lilith introduced her birds’ names and species, and he blinked. “Never heard of an eagle like that, but ain’t vultures from Africa?” He glanced sidelong at the woman. Her voice didn’t carry much of an accent, at least no more than his southern twang, but who knew how she’d acquired the birds. He realized it was probably best not to ask, in case he’d fallen into personal territory, and quickly cleared his throat.

“I reckon we can take all this to the Courthouse. The leaders can figure out what to do with the planks later, and I know we’ll need fires this winter.”

<style type="text/css">
.waywa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac6031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b1e0c; }
.waywa p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#582b1d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bsmRV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 290px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a36c3b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread