Flowers and their fading beauty.
[html]

400+

With just a look Titania suddenly understood. She knew her sister carried a deep love for the flowers, some sort of connection she didn't fully understand. Titania herself had been obsessed with the beautiful things, for they were where the fairies roamed, but as their floral home died she was quickly learning that the little spirits lived elsewhere, too. All over, in fact. And not only that, there was something more here, more spirits that were not fairies that others didn't see as well. But Titania saw them, Titania saw her when she was with Zalen. She didn't think most people believed what she promised true, hearing whispers of imagination all the time. But maybe Juliet, her litter sister, could understand.

“I guess it's easier to withstand the cold if you ignore it,” she conceded, an apology in her tone as she knelt down next to her now shivering sister. Even though they were now in their Optime forms, Titania sat close to her sister, her hip and side touching up next to what of Juliet's body she could. They would do this all the time as pups, and old habits died hard. Soon the warmth of one another's fur began to soothe Titania. They were both half Tundra wolf, so the cold would not both them once their full winter coats filled in.

Her eyes turned to the wilting flowers. Most of the field was bare stalks now, fading from their bright green to a sickly brown. Other flowers held on to their petals but drooped, the cold too much for even their bright spirits. The sun did not beam down on them happily any more, yet seemed to barely snake in from the corner of the sky even when it was high noon. “I don't know why this has to happen, either,” she confessed to her sister, wholly ignorant of why the seasons come and go, but knowing there was nothing they could do to stop it. “But everyone's been promising that they'll come back. The fairies say so, too. They'll come back like magic... by magic... in the spring.”

“Do you remember...? Think back to your earliest memory... it's very hard, and it's really fuzzy for me, but I'm pretty sure there weren't any flowers then, either. We were born in winter. We're going back to the time we were born.” She turned her golden eyes to her sister. “I don't remember ever seeing a flower until we made it back here. All that forest, all those packs, and my first flower was here in Cercatori.” She reached out a single digit to touch a wilted flower. The thing rustled and three petals fell from it. She hissed and pulled her hand back quickly, giving her sister and apologetic look.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread