Flowers and their fading beauty.
[html]

300+

Her sister leaned against her shoulder and their hair fell together. There was only the slightest variation in shade between the sisters' hair, and the only difference in style was that Juliet's curls were much larger, fatter. At first her sister's mane started growing in straight, but within a short time it began to kink and curl just like her own. Sometimes Titania wondered where they got it from. Their mother's hair always seemed to be straight – although Orin was known for treating her hair – and their father didn't let his mane grow. Maybe there was an ancestor somewhere down the line...

Juliet's voice broke her daydreaming, and a brow arched slightly as she turned to her sister. “If they came once, they came again. I'm starting to think that the world works in a bunch of small circles.” Her voice drifted off for a minute as she pondered her philosophical thought, not realizing that Juliet probably wouldn't understand.

She raised a white hand to carefully rake her fingers through her sisters curls. She knew not to do it too much or too furiously or her hair would frizz, as did her own, so she only did it a few times but admired her sister's hair all the same. She didn't know anyone else with hair as vibrant as theirs, it was like it had a mind of its own. Her hand slipped away from Juliet and she absently tucked a piece of her own hair back, revealing the two feathers she now wore in her hair. They were raven feathers that she found in an abandoned nest, and she wore them tight in her locks, just like Zalen did.

“I didn't see you a whole lot while Dad had me trapped in the Terrace,” she said, still bitter at their parents for the whole thing. “Were you out here all the time?” She thought maybe that she was. If her sister was so sad to see the flowers go she probably spent every last minute she could with them.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread