Flowers and their fading beauty.
[html]

500+

She looked at her sister, astonished. Juliet didn't know? She thought for sure her parents would have told everyone to make an example out of her, she was sure that Juliet had known about the fight. Then again, her sister seemed to live in a world all her own, so it surprised her less than it should have when she really thought about it. Still she quirked a brow and looked at Juliet for a moment as though she'd been living under a rock.

“They didn't tell you? It was totally unfair!” she blurted, ready to get into it all. “You know how Mom loves that stupid cow she found, and is always taking care of the animals now? Well, she keeps talking about a llama-ma-jig. I don't know what the heck it is but she wants one really badly, and I found out that they live in the mountains. So I thought I would go there and get her one.”

There was a short pause while she gave Juliet time to absorb what she said, and then she continued. “Only, stupid Halcyon mountains are really far. I didn't know that. It took like forever to get there and then I had to go up the stupid mountain once I made it. I didn't even know what those things looked like but I was still trying to find her one. Anyway, I never did find a darn lala-ma. For all I know I saw them twenty times and didn't know it.” She sighed and flopped onto her back, inadvertently crushing a few flowers as she did.

“So I come back, and what do I get but a, 'You were gone a while and you're bad' from Dad. Then I try to tell him that I didn't mean to, it just happened, and he didn't care to hear me. He claimed that he was grounding me because I left without telling anyone, he doesn't care that I didn't know I was going to be gone so long. But,” she propped herself up on her elbow and leaned in to Juliet like she was letting her in on a secret. “I don't think that's why he grounded me. That's what he said, but I was tying to be honest and I told him that while I was in the mountains I met someone. That made him so mad, that was when he said I couldn't leave the Terrace for a week. He tried to make himself look better by making up an excuse but I'm not that dumb.”

She sighed again and rolled back onto her back, laying there in the last few flowers that defied the winter and staring at the cloudy sky. “He's so amazing, Juliet. He's... gorgeous...” Her eyes closed as visions of Zalen filled her head, a dopey smile on her face. “I didn't get to tell anyone about him because they don't understand. I even went to Skye about dad being to crazy and she helped me a little but I still didn't think I could tell her much. Oh, Juliet, he has this beautiful fur dark as the ravens that fly.” She raised her hand and gestured toward the sky, a crow soaring by just in that moment. “There's something special about him. It was like our souls were just drawn to each other. I heard him singing to the moon before I even met him and it was beautiful.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread