Flowers and their fading beauty.
[html]

300+

She hadn't thought of it that way, so when Juliet said it it made her pause for a moment, her face going blank as realization crept in. Love? Was that what this was? Yes, it was. And it had been love at first sight. True love! But did he feel the same? Of course he did... just think of how he looked, how he acted when they first met. The way he ran with her, as joyous as she, and all the loving nuzzles and kisses he gave her. Her smile slowly crept back onto her muzzle and she turned back to her sister.

“Yes, that's what love feels like. That's how you know you're in love.” She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing deeply as she remembered Zalen. “Like flowers bloom inside of you. Like spirits come alive again. Like the moon comes out just for you. There's magic everywhere, all the time when I'm with him. Now that he's not here I feel it, I feel his absence. But I know he's out there, and probably thinking of me just like I'm thinking of him.”

“He's going to come back to me, too. He already came back for me once, here in Cercatori d'Arte,” she pressed a finger to her mouth, shushing her sister. She grinned and giggled with the secret. “But don't tell anyone. If they knew they'd be so mad. He met me at the border tree and then we went hunting in Flander's Field. He'll be back again, too. He's coming for me in a moon's turn.”

A moon's turn. It felt like it would be forever, but half of that time was already over. Even with Zalen's visits it was still hard to wait, but it made the time bearable. When was that cycle going to be complete? Maybe two weeks, a little more. Just after the new moon he would come back for her, and she would go away with him.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread