pour some sugar on me
[html]

Her dark nose twitched for the spicy aroma of the leaf in the other's fingers, eyes watching it spin in her grasp. As it was released into the powerful breeze, her gaze followed it, until it landed on the earth in the distance, to be forgotten. Dusk had yet to hear such a profound observation from one so young - but this woman was somehow not a youth at all. She would not forget what had been spoken. No matter how much one phase of the earth's cycle was enjoyed, it would advance of its own, keeping all life guarded. That is true, and she had no more to add but a soft resigned sigh.

After a silence followed Dusk was asked a question she had expected. It took her a moment to respond. She was not entirely sure why she stood before the smaller creature still, making meaningless conversation. But she had ideas. Perhaps it was all the time she had spent alone that urged her to stop, speak and listen. It could easily have been something about the tiny coywolf that was too alluring to ignore. Regardless, she was here, and content with it. I have been alone for a long time. At least two years, and half of her life. It was all she could understand now, though before that time she had been part of something larger. And you? she asked with a tilted brow..

<style type="text/css">
.dusk01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#284f7f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #102b4d; }
.dusk01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dusk01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#161b2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2U34D.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 282px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a486e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dusk01 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dusk01 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread