sickman
[html]
sorry about the delay.

Dusk knew that she was potentially in danger. One much simpler than she would realize that the ghastly border was a definite warning to outsiders like herself that the hybrid canines living beyond it were to be dealt with gently. Had she been less confident in her ability to adhere, she would be terrified,but the woman had approached enough unpredictable packs to know how to handle herself. If she sensed that she was being approached by hostile canines, she would simply flee before they had the chance to determine which direction she had gone.

Her ears flicked forward, alerted by the soft thuds of footpads on the brittle leaves and pine needles. There could not be more than one of them. She watched the darkness carefully until it revealed a pair of glowing blue orbs. Dusk tensed slightly, lowering her ears. As the distance between them closed and the stranger became fully visible, the wolfdog's muscles laxed. The dapple gray coywolf was slightly smaller than she, and her petite features hinted cunning, not malice.

The ears of the dark Kratuk were still pinned against her skull in observance of her location so close to a territory she did not belong to. When she spoke, the nameless female immediately satisfied two of the questions Dusk had wished to have answered. Inferni, as the pack was apparently called, was as sinister as Dusk had thought, from her greeter's cool insinuation that her comrades would have no problem destroying an overly curious explorer.

The corner of Dusk's lip drew up in a subtle half-smile and she spoke in a tone with blandness that almost exactly matched the other's. I am not here to make problems, she explained solemnly. I'm curious. I merely want to learn about this... interesting place. Her brow rose for emphasis as she motioned with her muzzle toward the "fence." Then, she eagerly watched the features of the smaller canine.

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread