sickman
[html]

Word Count → 403 :: I understand; been busy myself. :3 And sorry for the bad post. ><

The greyish-brown wolfdog adopted her expression and tone, something that Vesper noted but did not outwardly respond to. She was curious of this hybrid woman, very curious, but it wasn’t something that she was going to reveal to a stranger so close to Inferni borders. She doubted that anyone else would want to step out into this dreadful weather, but on the off chance that another clan member was scouting the territory, she didn’t want to be seen hitting it up with a potential trespasser. Perhaps a more established coyote would be tolerated, but she was new here.

Then again, those thoughts were probably just paranoid. The she-yote flicked an ear, told herself mentally that she could do whatever the hell she wanted as long as she didn’t betray the clan, and at last took a seat between the stakes.

The stranger assured her that she wasn’t here to cause trouble, and pointing toward the dangling skulls mentioned her curiosity. Vesper followed her yellowish gaze, smirking though not in a sinister way.

“Inferni isn’t a fan of wolves,” she remarked, and from her pointed glance at the hybrid indicated that the stranger would be considered one. “I mean, we aren’t full of genocidal fanatics, but no one would think twice before driving you off.”

She realized that she wasn’t painting a particularly great picture of her new home—not that her input was needed to damage the coyote group’s reputation. Inferni was simply protective of its own, biased toward one species, and misunderstood. The bias was something that Vesper did not completely agree with, though she got the vibe that many of the coyotes and coyote hybrids were justified in their anger against wolves. Ves would probably be right along with them if she didn’t put so much weight on the individual rather than the breed.

The tawny female stood again then, stepping past the border into the neutral lands that the stranger waited in. Her tail flickered behind her as she half-circled around the stranger, though her light expression showed that she didn’t mean to intimidate. In fact, stepping away from her own territory was, in a way, like dropping her ties with Inferni for the moment so that she could interact with the woman like Vesper would, rather than a new Tirones.

“I think you’d be better off sniffing around another pack’s borders. What’s your name, sweetheart?” Vesper asked, head tilted.

<style type="text/css">
.losingsleepwide b {font-weight:bold; color:#92b2a0; letter-spacing:1px;}
.losingsleepwide t {font-style:italic; color:#92b2a0; letter-spacing:1px;}
.losingsleepwide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.losingsleepwide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.losingsleepwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#92b2a0;}
.losingsleepwide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.losingsleepwide {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:500px; background-color:#1f1d15; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2n19d9z.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#1f1d15 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread