Two for One Deal [P]
[html]
8D omgyes. That's amazing. Thank you! Her tail and mane are perfect!

Teo must've had some sort of sign on his back saying 'fair maiden', because as habit would suggest, in came yet another knight in shining armor. This time, it was a coyote just a few inches shorter than himself, with chestnut colored fur and wine red eyes. Teo guessed that this man, with a way with horses and a fitting grin that Teo recognised almost instantly; only a coyote could sport a familiar expression like that. Wolves and dogs just couldn't pull it off.

The young Trovato felt his interest peak almost instantly. With all his time spent in mixed packs, coyotes were hard to come by. It had been more than a year since he'd met another coyote, half or full. Plenty of mutts, but it didn't matter; coming from where he did, Teo could always stop to appreciate his mother's race, stranger or not.

Ah, Teo smiled, ears flicking back in mild embarrassment as he came back to the situation. Yeah, he didn't really take to me like she did. I guess it's a matter of jealousy for the mare. A small laugh followed as Teo moved to rest his hand on the beautiful mare's nose, enjoying the feel of her soft velvet fur under sensitive pads.

A boy heading for the ship traded them to me for a pocket of gold coin. Coin's no good on this side of the water, but I hadn't known that before coming over from Italy. Came up to Halifax to get rid of it and sure enough, these two weren't needed anymore either. A fair trade, considering where he's heading. Gold coins were harder to come by than horses there; hopefully a little bit of that Trovato blessing would do the travelling boy some good luck on the other side.

I was gonna take both back home with me, but I don't think I want my sister riding him... and she's too tiny to ride the mare. In other words, the albino coydog had no use for the stallion anymore. Don't know what I'll do with him now. I doubt I'll even get him home without a fight. He's not fond of me, as you saw. Talkative, today... but the more he spoke, the less he thought about Gemma and the less he thought about Gemma, the less stressed he was. This coyote was a life saver in more than one way. ...thanks, by the way. Name's Matteo. He offered a hand in greeting, holding the mare's reigns in the other.

<style type="text/css"> .trovato-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#717D66; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1e2a13; } .trovato-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .trovato-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#454c3e; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/orqk60.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 180px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272E21; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .trovato-oo8 p b:before { content: open-quote; } .trovato-oo8 p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread