Two for One Deal [P]
[html]

Yay Big Grin

YOU'RE HERE AND THEN YOU'RE GONE

Tedros’ smile widened when Matteo said that it wasn’t a bad idea for him to hold onto the mustang. He was slightly surprised that he asked for nothing in return; he figured that the coins must have meant at least something to the albino hybrid, regardless of their value here. But he wasn’t going to mention it again, truly happy that he had run into such luck – and such a nice guy.

After Tedros asked his question, he let his posture fall slightly. The stallion was calm, for the moment, at peace while nuzzling and whinnying to the mare. He wondered their relation for a moment, curious as to whether or not they were related or simply friends. The tan-colored horse buried his head into the mare’s neck affectionately, and Tedros realized that he probably wouldn’t have a choice as to whether or not they would be riding together multiple times. The mustang wouldn’t let it be otherwise.

The coyote chuckled a little, ears going down slightly when Matteo answered with a rhetorical question. He figured he had had some experience with horses, but he couldn’t have been sure. Every one has their first. Either way, he more meant the question as an invitation to test out the horses. Then he asked about whether or not Tedros knew any good trails, and Tedros’ smile fell slightly.

“I haven’t been around the lands for very long either, I’m afraid,” he said, eyes moving back and forth from the horses to the light-colored eyes of Matteo. He readjusted the bag on his shoulder and changed his grip on the reins. “I was a member of Inferni a long time ago,” pausing as he remembered the days near Hell’s Coast, “before the fire. I only happened upon Inferni again by a chance of fate, a few weeks ago. I’ve only done a little exploring through the woods near Inferni, and I spent the last few days around Halifax.” The male coyote shrugged slightly, figuring the hybrid didn’t want to hear any more about the past of some stranger.

He looked up and down the hybrid, getting a good look for the first time since the horses had previously distracted him. The hybrid wasn’t much taller than him, a few inches at most, and the afternoon sun illuminated his white fur magnificently. There was no doubt that Matteo was attractive – even if he didn’t fit the normal characteristics of Tedros’ ideal man. There was something sweet and innocent and overall good about Matteo, and Tedros liked that.

“But if you want, I would love to ride and find some new trails together.”

(WORD COUNT — 438)

<style>
.tedros p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.tedros b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 2px;}
.tedros {width:402px; border:1px solid #543425; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.tedros-heading {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:5px 5px;}
.tedros-ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-style:italic; }
.tedros-wc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:bold; text-align:center;}
.tedros2 {background-color:#e0cbb3; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#543425; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread