Change comes from the people
[html]
OOC: / +322

The man turned to the sound of his yip, and at first Mordecai found his smile somewhat unsettling with the way he tilted his head; then again, he found many odd things unsettling, and his fear of the hoofed beast muddled his thinking to make it turn for the worse. When he spoke calmed the boy’s nerves, though, lacking of any malicious intentions his imagination formulated. He followed the man’s beckon, shifting out of the protecting undergrowth and over to the Luperci’s side. On his way, the creature made some sort of snuffling sound, which scared the wits out of Mordecai, but luckily before he could flinch or run away, it hobbled away at a peaceful rate. Hoping that the other did not caught his pause, he quickened his trot to complete the distance between them.

He sat about a yard away from the bi-pedaled form, and listened with an interest in his explanation to his ritual. In his pause, he piped up, My family does stuff like that. Except we leave a little part of our prey so the spirits can have a meal, too. Though he never saw a nature spirit before, the boy strongly believed that they were just shy and wary to show their faces. After all, they were probably scared of the wolves like they were with the destructive humans that killed so many of their trees, their homes.

The de Fonte boy blinked as the man offered a meal, and said with pleasantly surprised tone, If there is enough to go around. Then he paused for a moment, and added hastily, Oh, I’m sorry, my name is Mordecai. He hoped that the other did not notice his absence of manners, and did not think of him as some misbehaved wolf looking for a free meal. Also, I was wondering, what were you burning as a sacrifice? It smelt really good; that was what brought me here.

<style type="text/css">
.mordy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a55044; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1b0503; }
.mordy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.mordy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4f2e2e; background-image:url(http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9725/mordecai.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 278px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#957263; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.mordy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.mordy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread