sunslammer
[html]
wc:320

Jackson didn’t often visit anyone around the pack, now that he thought about it. He stuck close to his family and did his best to avoid Naniko and hers. There were only a handful of other canines in the pack that the hybrid boy felt comfortable enough to visit, but that number seemed to be growing smaller now with the abrupt departure of Camilla. It was a nice change of pace to be here, he decided, even if Panda wasn’t around. He got to meet someone new, after all, and this Zera’im seemed to be a pretty nice lady so far.

Nice to meetcha, too, he replied in turn, an honest smile touching his lips. He watched as she set aside the stone she had been working on, cerulean gaze lingering on it for only a moment before his attention returned to the woman. She confirmed that she was indeed a friend of Panda’s, which honestly made perfect sense. She seemed perfectly at home here, so he wasn’t sure exactly what he’d been expecting when he’d asked that. The mention that she was her mid-wife was a surprise, however. Ahh, I see. Guess those puppies could be coming any time now, huh? Jackson knew almost nothing about pregnancy and birth, and he wasn’t exactly eager to change that.

Why had he come here, indeed? The boy shrugged slightly, considering it. Well, I guess I just came over for a little chat. Thought maybe we could meditate or somethin’, since she showed me how when I was a kid. He watched as the woman reached forward to pull out a small bag and he eyed it with interest. She offered to throw bones, whatever that meant, but it sounded interesting to the youth. Uh, sure, he said, stepping closer to where she sat. Not sure what that means, but it sounds cool. The beginnings of an embarrassed smile touched his lips.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread