Consequences of a dangerous game
[html]

Sorry it took me so long to actually get it out, I got called away when I was halfway through the post.

The fight had been his best in quite a while, and his worst, also. He had fought four people at once and not received damage so grievous...though that battle had left him in a bad way, also. Why am I thinking about that at a time like this? He wondered if blood loss was contributing to his wandering thoughts. It could be that, or just the fluctuation of chemicals through his body as the shock of his injuries and the drain of adrenaline took place. He could feel the right side of his face was bleeding...it was inflamed, his skin tingling on the edge of every gash left open by SteelRose's blade...it had been her left one that had done all the damage there. He had been fortunate that he'd brought his shield, otherwise he was unlikely to have lived through that ordeal at all.

He was still trying hard not to think about his right arm, the one which throbbed where it had been pierced. He felt saturated with pain, he couldn't turn his attention to any one wound, there were just too many. He had held it together long enough to finish the fight, and even now remained outwardly stoic, not wanting anyone to worry. Seeing her die had been...a strange experience, he wondered...No, I need to remain focused on what's ahead.

Lubomir's call for leaders had not gone unanswered, and it hadn't been long before others had come to the site of the battle, SteelRose dead on the ground, and the bronze warrior looking like he might belong there, too. Luckily, he hadn't taken any wounds to the trunk of his body, otherwise he would be in a life-threatening situation right now. Her swords were long and thin, a thrust could have sent one of them all the way through him...all the way through a lung, his heart, or some other organ. He had met up with Pilot at some point, and was now beside the white wolf, wondering what the younger white wolf could do for him in this condition.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread