far from the expected
[html]

OOC Fak! Somehow I knew about this thread but still I managed to overlook it. If I ever take more than like twoish days to reply give me a good hard pokin'. Also, I've been wordy lately. Don't mind me.

Word Count → 500+

It was a rare day for Liliya when she did not spend her time seaside, but whether she liked it or not there were other duties to attend to. The pack might forgive her if she forewent some of her tasks to focus on the ferry project... but, then again, they might not. Salsoa thrived on a strict balance of give and give, and in return all the members benefited, from the Boss down to the slave. From the outside their life style might seem harsh to some, but the more the Russian looked at it, the more it grew on her.

With her backpack slung over one shoulder – never wanting to miss the opportunity to collect something that might be of use to her work – she paced near the border of Salsoa's territory. The associate was careful not to make her rounds too close to the limits of their pack land for she did not want it to seem like she was planning to step out of her boundaries, but she certainly was close enough to be a viable look out. Her eyes watched the unclaimed territory in the distance, scanning for trespassers and other ne'er do wells.

There was a time where Liliya would have hoped no one came; not in this context, anyway. She would have willed any unsuspecting canine away from Salsoa's borders. But the longer she lived within the pack, the more like them she became, and some secretive part of her silently hoped that someone might pop up. Someone she could report to her pack... It was not as though she wanted to hurt anyone, and she certainly didn't want to entrap anyone like Eris had her own mother, but catching an intruder and sounding the alarm, showing that she was at the ready to fight for her pack would be another notch to her favor in the Family's eyes. And the Family... well, they were quickly becoming a surrogate for the family she could no longer seek.

It looked like today Liliya would get her wish. A chill snaked down her spine as she paused a moment upon a facing, but the sensation was just a reaction to the biting weather that was quickly moving in. She hadn't thought to stock up on warmer winter worthy clothes yet, and her simple leather corset and skirt did little to protect her from the cold. She was used to this weather back home in Russia, was she going soft?

Ah, knock it off, she thought to herself in her native language as she shook her head. Of course you're not. Her cloudy eyes narrowed on the figure that moved near, and she was now certain that it was a sandy shaded woman, and she was quite clearly coming toward Salsoa. There was no hesitating any longer, this was Liliya's cue. She paced forward, her path set to intercept the interloper. But... there was something strangely familiar about the woman... her coloring... No, it must have just been a coincidence.

“Hold there a minute,” she called in her thick, Russian spackled version of English. Holding up a hand to carefully yet firmly warn the woman to come no further, she kept walking towards her, gauging if she was a threat. “You are about to be comingk into the land of Salsoa. Who are you, stranger, and what vhould you be likingk from us?”

Image from Englaender. Table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliyacait .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.liliyacait p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliyacait b {color:#96e398; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliyacait {background-color:#44554a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2q2gtgh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a6c6b1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:440px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 325px 0px;}
.liliyacait .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.liliyacait .wordcount {color:#d6efdf; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #86968b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread