femur and stone
[html]

Hrafn had never saw himself as anything. Not a warrior, a traveler, a craftsmen, yet these things seemed to see him as he grew older. He had always been a modest boy, even man, and often times did not realize his own potential until it was pointed out to him. It was then he would excel and be grateful for it.

He nodded with a smile when she said it was good to meet him, radiating a sincerity of his own that did not require words. "Eternity," he repeated, tilting his head slightly to the side in thought. He had heard that word before, but he could not help but find it odd as a name. "You are forever?" He asked somewhat naively though an intellect shone deep within his eyes. Perhaps with time around more talkative people his speech and knowledge of language would improve, yet another thing Hrafn had been deprived of in his youth.

"I am proud in what I do well," he said with a smile, "though I do not need to say it when I show it." He had never been taught pride; had never received praise from his uncle for doing well thus not becoming overly cocky about anything. The last person who had complimented him on anything was his mother and it had probably been over a trivial thing. Perhaps his first word. He did not feel like he was lacking in such things though, maybe due to his lack of contact with others, but still when he received praise like this he took it graciously.

"You said so many nice things, I need to give back." He murmured, slightly flustered and perhaps a little confused about her intentions as he grabbed the rabbit from his shoulder and gaped some of the distance between them, reaching out with his gift.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread