plunder and blunder
[html]

You don't succck. D: I mean, if you do, I do. I hate death week. Need to get back into the swing of this cute thang.

The white-furred man complimented his treasure, and the boy wagged a tail that didn’t seem to know if it was curled or not. He did cock his head at the question, his childlike reasoning not yet knowing what a princess of his own would be. Instead, he thought of himself and his other siblings as the children of royalty—which made Charlotte a princess.

“You mean Lottie? Skoll asked with a hint of disbelief, rosy ears standing forward. None of the children had really been able to pronounce the girl’s name, and the short form had been affectionately bestowed upon her, whether she liked it or not. “Maybe,” he said with a shrug. He’d give his sister stories, sometimes, but everyone fussed over her as it was—probably because she was the only Haskel-Catori girl in the family. “Prolly give to Mom,” he added, green eyes bright. He knew his mom wore that cross necklace, and so she might like this gold chain.

The golden cub wagged his tail when the older luperci agreed to guard him, and with a firm nod and solemnly furrowed brow, he proclaimed, “Yes sir! I protect alla pack! I watcha fer scary fer ya!” He grinned and peered around at their surroundings just to be sure no one was stalking them yet—but the port town of Lunenburg was quiet, as quiet as it had been—at least until the child had started bumbling around.

Waddling after his bigger pack mate, not really caring that the other was leading the way, the boy kept an eye peeled for both treasure and other scary pirates that might be after the trove. He perked up his ears at the other’s name and blinked. What a mouthful!

“Shan’um K’vay-Nigh’slair,” Skoll repeated, glancing up into the scarred face of the adult. He wrinkled his nose then shook his head fervently. “Nono, not gunna work. I call you Shan.”

And with that royal decree, the young Haskel bounded past “Shan” to the docks, skidding to a halt when he saw the water around them. He lowered his ears and took a step back, knowing better than to run around when he could fall into the ocean, but then the sound of gulls crying overhead made him look up. He wagged his tail and reared onto his hind legs, barking at the sea birds.

Word Count → 394

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread