Reset
[html]
Invdegesv

--

The earthern female raged over the other, but her stance softened her physical dominance. Her warm colors stood out in the hiemal landscape, accented with the many colors of the feather in her mane. She smiled when the former subleader dipped her head and accepted her assertion of her position, and it softened her features further. She did not want to be a leader who ruled with fear, such as Maska apparently had. He had no natural authority in his frail frame; in contrast, Ulilohi had to fight her size to make sure she was not percieved as some overconfident dominatrix. Still, this trait was very useful now that she was to lead a tribe.

It surprised her that someone so young as Ralla had held the prominent rank she mentioned, but she tried not to let it show beyond the slight raising of her eyebrows that she could not stop. Still, she said nothing as Ralla explained. The eyebrows were raised again as her spirit guide entered the conversation, backing her up. The situation was stranger than she could ever have imagined. Here was a non-native member of AniWaya, asking for a rank well beyond her skill level (at least, she expected that it was), and with a spirit guide speaking up for it. Such a bizarre and foreign conversation - what to do with it? She could not doubt the spirit guide; he was sacred and she was placed below him, although they did not make decisions. "Unalihelitseti, Nootau." The customary greeting was respectfully spoken. She paused after bowing to him, considering what had just been told her. How could she decline and still avoid disrespecting the guide? "I did not know Dawali had appointed Masters," she began. "May I ask—" she turned to speak to Nootau, her stance clearly reflecting the humble way she spoke. "What were his criteria for training and accomplishment? Were they... adequate?". She feared she would have no choice but to accept Ralla's request if he confirmed that Dawali's appointment had been adequately grounded. Still, she could not avoid his presence — that insult was much more grave.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread