Reset
[html]
Invdegesv

Note that Nootau cannot read Ralla's mind, and Ralla cannot send thoughts to him - that would be telepathy, which is against the rules Smile

While Ulilohi was humbled by Nootau's choice of speaking to her, she was doubtful of the situation. Clearly, so as not to disrespect Nootau, she would need to affirm that she was positive to the idea of reinstating Ralla at her former rank. However only the Chief - in cooperation with the Council, but the Council never appointed them alone. Whatever she chose to do, she would have to send message to Chief Aatu and ask permission, but she had no doubt that her Chief would support her judgment - the old male seemed at times to be endlessly fond of her. No, her issue was how to respond right now? Nootau spoke as if he knew the criterion for the Master rank, although she could not know how legitimate he was. She knew that AniWayans not born into the tribe could still get spirit guides, but it varied whether these guides were already familiar with the tribe or not. They were not all-knowing, but learned as they followed the tribe through generations of AniWayans. She could not question Nootau, however, and these doubts of his eligibility to assess Dawali's appointments would remain unspoken. She bowed to him once again. "Thank you, Nootau, wado.". She repeated the phrase in AniWayan for some reason. Perhaps she felt it was more appropriate, instinctively.

Ulilohi took a moment to think, and although brief, the awkward silence that moved into the conversation in place of her words made it feel like much longer. Perhaps it lasted as long as a minute, but it was unlikely. At length, she spoke, weighing her words carefully. She was addressing Ralla, now, feeling as if her sub-conversation with Nootau had finished at this point. "As you know—" she began, assuming that someone who had held such a prominent rank knew the inner workings of the hierarchy well. "I do not have the power to name you Master, Ralla." This was disappointing news to the Itse, no doubt. "I can communicate with Chief Aatu and ask for the needed authority. But first, I will need to test your knowledge and faith." How could she devise such a test? That question would be for later. "The trek is long for a messenger, and the Chief may not respond swiftly," she noted. "although you can be certain that he will not ignore my judgment." She was quite accustomed to being listened to.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread