[m]Tonight we drink to youth
[html]

600+

Mars sat there as cool as ever. Even when he was emotional he wasn't ever very emotional, so, unable to see his eyes, Orin wasn't very concerned just yet. She smiled at the man anyway, and when he and the horse allowed it she led Vox through the maze of trees towards Thornbury. The stable was nicer now than it had been when they were living here, only having just been constructed out of an old building and needing improvement at the time. Now it was large and well supplied, and not only housed several horses but the cow, many hens, and a few wandering felines as well.

She all but ignored his 'I do not live here comment.' She was giving him an open invitation and whether or not he acknowledged it it didn't make it any less of a valid invitation (or so Orin's mind worked it, just as stubborn as he). “Oh, that's right, the armor,” she said pleasantly as she walked, not thinking it strange at all that Mars didn't dismount and walk with her. After all, it's how she would prefer it. He was her guest now, and she wanted him to be comfortable. “I would have called on you in Crimson Dreams to see how things were going, but I figured after the last time I get that it's not really a good time to pop in on the pack.” She wasn't really up on the current state of the fight being so wrapped up in her family at the moment. Plus, she had been forbidden by Skye from going near the war lands (except for Crimson Dreams, but her visits there all had to be approved by the Capitana first) and she wasn't about to chance angering her leader.

Orin hadn't been walking long before they came to where the trees dwindled, like she had known a short cut through the forest, and soon they were walking the outskirts of Thornbury. Her ears swiveled back, listening to his request, and she chuckled softly, not even turning to him when she answered. “Of course I will, but I'm not just going to do it in the middle of the forest. Lets get Vox into the stable first and then I'll try it on.” Now she had him 'captive'. “You wouldn't want me to freeze while I'm changing, would you?” It was some kind of a joke, because everyone knew it was impossible for Orin to freeze even in an unrelenting sub-zero snowstorm.

She felt the man's urgency and didn't want to test his patience any more than she actually had to, so she hurried the stallion to the barn. Her own steps were almost a quick jog again, but of course it barely rushed the long legged steed. Before long they had reached the stable and Orin let go of Vox's reigns. Orin turned to Mars, waited a beat, and then threw her arms up. Although her words could have been angry, they were spoken with an amused lilt. “Well you gotta get down from there some time or else I'll stable you with the horse, and that would make for a very awkward visit.”

She waited a second more and then sighed as though giving in, although in truth she was just as eager to try on the leather as he was. “Okay, I'll tell you what,” she said as though conceding. “You come down and stable Vox while I get into the armor. Hmm?” She held her hands out, and took the armor from him, then with a motion disappeared through the barn door. “There's a stall down there that's clean and empty, and some feed in that barrel.” She said as she slipped around into the open space at the end of the stalls, setting the leather on one of the crates and unfastening her cloak.

<style type="text/css">
.character-ggho001s b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2ddff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.character-ggho001s .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-ggho001s p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#6c8665}
.character-ggho001s {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/29zvhmr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 239px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread