What Does it Mean?
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 566 words. .

For one so small, she was a spritely little thing, always keeping at least two bounds ahead of the long legged female. But her excitement was bound to be her downfall; those eager little legs could only go so far before her body tuckered out. All the Nomad had to do was patiently bide her time. “Oh, I will get you!” she called after the romping pup, smiling as she continued to give chase. At last she managed to herd the child in the right direction, deeper into the Dahlia Valley instead of toward the border.

Little Sarian was near out of breath, but was reluctant to admit defeat, even to herself. She pressed on til her little legs couldn’t carry her anymore and plopped down in the grass attempting to bury herself within the long blades away from the encroaching shadow of the female warrior. “Oh my,” the woman chided, noticing for the first time a familiar scent on the wind. She swept down to scoop up the pup, but missed as the still excited child bound for the feet of the two toned female. “Hi!” she piped, her tail wriggling so hard X’yrin feared it would fly off her body. Her smile never wavered as she lifted her muzzle to greet the Ryu. “Lady Nayru,” she dipped her head respectfully. “It is a pleasure as always to see you.”

Between the adults, the lone child attempted to busy herself by gnawing on the taller woman’s feet. She was quite determined to entice another playful game even though she was much too tired to do anything more than roll and giggle. To appease her, the Nomad wiggled flexed her digits a bit but made more move to start another game so soon. There was something more pressing on her mind. “There is not much to say,” she began softly. “Kiara and I have begun stocking for the winter. The trip Jaden and I took was successful… and the little one here,” she final gave the pup the attention she commanded, swooping down in dramatic fashion to bring the little one into her arms. “…is in my care for the time being. It is quite nice really.”

The woman felt there was little need to bring up the situation regarding Saluce just yet. A delicate matter like that would surely involve explanation, especially with his scent still clinging to her; perhaps something the woman did not want to get into just yet. Her assumptions involving Saluce and the lady before her were still alive and bothersome, but she knew better than to jump to conclusions… even if the darker ideas her mind conjured were slowly eating away at her. Her beloved Shepard had forewarned her that the mind was a trickster at times; forging assumed truths that were nothing more that lies crafted by fear. She would not fall to them… so long as she was able.

“But I must confess,” she digressed to her reason for seeking out the petite lady. “I have been feeling strange about this little one lately.” Instinctually, X’yrin brought the tuckered child closer to the warmth of her chest. “She is only in my care for a short while… but I enjoy having her around. It is strangely fulfilling…” gradually her smiled waned as she tread closer toward the thought that bothered her. “I don’t want to give that up.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread