beware of the fury of the patient man
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

For Deuce. Set directly after the thread with Lucifer.

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ His path was deliberate, following the scent that he had identified with the woman. It was fresh, this trail, and he aimed to find her before Lucifer had a chance to warn the bitch. Ahren’s mindset was solid, clear. He knew what was to be done. The forest was quiet, bright with the mid-day sun. The light was dappled in the forest, and every time he passed into it his guard-hairs were set ablaze, turning near-white. His fur had darkened as he aged, but it was still dirty-blonde, off-white—save the saddle-back marking and the grayish-pink scars that still marred his figure. He had once been considered beautiful, though the blind eye and the scars had changed that. Still, he had a fine face and a body built on the road and on the decks of ships.
_____ He was closer now. The scents were many, and thick. This was near the heart of the territory, and he was aware of the danger. Still, it did not deter him. Ahren moved with one single purpose, knowing that if they came for him it would be a slaughter. Whatever else he was, Ahren was a guerilla, a terrorist, a monster. He knew his path all too well.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread