Swimming Blind
[html]

Hotaru Lives Hotaru TalksHotaru thinks

Word Count: 449

It took only a minute for Fawkes to locate his master's lost staff. The carved stick had been thrown on top of a bush and was in a position to be easily retrieved. The red bird skillfully scooped up the staff and returned to his master with awkward wingbeats. The staff's weight and awkward length made it difficult for Fawkes to fly with his usual grace. The bird returned with a cheerful cry and deposited his master's all important staff in front of her.

Hotaru listened to Fawkes approaching wing beats and waited patiently for the sound of wood hitting the ground. It was difficult to hear her avian friend over the deafening sound of rushing water, but his happy cries helped her to locate the bird. When the staff landed in front of her, Hotaru bent down and grabbed the wooden tool. She felt more comfortable now with it in her possession. Fawkes had decided to perch on low hanging branch in a nearby tree and watched the stranger with a keen eye.

Although it was easier to pick out what the male was saying, Hotaru still had a tough time hearing his words. The young woman laughed a little when the male announced he was going to shake. There was no reason for the strange male to announce his every move. Rather than commenting, Hotaru simply heeded the man's advice and shook herself dry. The males humorous disposition had put her in a good mood so she replied in a cheery voice, "I was just working off some steam and decided that the river was a good way to put my fire out. Still, let us move to a more quit location, the river is loud and is making it difficult to hear. My name is Hotaru, and the bird is Fawkes. May I inquire as to the name of my savior?" Although Hotaru's last comment had a joking tone to it, she was not ungrateful.

As the blind women turned to the forest, she flashed the strange male a grateful smile. She hoped the male would follow her and talk to her. The farther away from the stream Hotaru traveled, the less disoriented she became. Eventually, the blind woman came across a soft patch of moss to rest. She swept the staff over her intended resting place to make sure that there were no obstacles in her way. Satisfied, Hotaru carefully sat down and crossed her legs. She placed the staff on the ground and held her protected arm out to give Fawkes a location to perch. Hotaru could feel the familiar weight of her companion as the bird alighted onto the leather protecting her arm.

Table by: Alex

<style>
.Hotaru .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Hotaru p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; font-weight:bold; text-indent:25px; color:#FAFAD2}
.Hotaru b {font-family:verdana; color:#efa21b; margin:5px; font-size:12px; text-shadow: #000000 1px 1px 0px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Hotaru {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; align:center; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8990/fireflies.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #d27527; border-radius:8px; }
.HotaruTrans {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... hcraft.png); font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; margin:0 auto; color:#000000;; line-height:16px; width:380px; text-align:justify; opacity:1;
;padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:8px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread