right back to the start
[html]

(338)

Baaaah, no problem, sorry Myrika is an awkwardsauce? c: <3

Thornloe had been a place of small size, but even there, families lived together in their own space. Myrika had enjoyed neither the caves -- too dank and earthy for her tastes -- nor the mansion -- too many coyotes serried together. So, she'd made her home on the lonely edge of the clan's territory. Thus far, she'd been quite glad for her choice. It allowed her to remain aloof, apart from the bunch of strangers that were supposed to be her family.

Tedros was not, however, family. Perhaps that was why she trusted and liked him a bit more than the rest -- there were no expectations where this canine was concerned. Still, despite his smile, he seemed hesitant. Myrika realized she was, in all likelihood, pestering him. She had done the same to Halo -- yet here she was again, making the same mistake. Suddenly rather aware of her own awkwardness, Myrika's grin broadened, and she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her eyes glued to the old floorboards.

Yeah, everything's fine -- I just -- you sure? she asked, even as she gingerly stepped forward into his room, uncertain as to what to expect. I was just in the mood for company, and I thought you'd be great for that, the russet coyote said, hoping he would not be upset with her. Tedros hadn't seemed the least bit churlish upon their first meeting, but moods were fickle and fleeting things, and the rust-hued woman realized she just might have caught him on a bad day. I guess I'm just avoiding the long, wet walk home, she said, the rusty streak on her muzzle crinkling as she grinned. It didn't smell too nice out there when you opened the door, she said.

Oh, yes -- the weather, just the most interesting subject everyone and their mother couldn't wait to discuss. The tawny coyote would have sent her palm careening to her forehead that moment if she had been less composed.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread