Passionate Snowfall
[html]

WC: 404

Vesper grinned in a crooked, lazy way at the pale female, her black-dappled chest heaving as she tried to regain her breath. As much exercising as she had attempted to do while getting used to Inferni, the run wasn’t killing her, but it was nice to flop down and gasp like a dying fish. Her blue eyes creased as the woman made her remarks then widened just a fraction as the other’s expression shifted ever so slightly—bringing softness to her face and those sundrop eyes. It took her a second to realize that she was indeed bleeding again, and she tilted her head, letting the blood fall on the snow.

“Nothing new,” she remarked, not feeling the need to gesture to the scars crisscrossing the rest of her body. The more recent ones stood out the most, but there were still faded ones coursing through her tawny fur, and the cougar’s mark would ensure that the scar from her first fight wouldn’t fade. Even as the numbness from the icy water faded, the pain barely fazed her because it was so damn familiar. She doubted she’d be feeling any sensation on her skin in a few years, if she kept up her pace.

The creamy-colored wolf leaned forward slightly, asking her a question, but Ves had eyes for the red swirls under her left eye. They reminded her slightly of Zalen’s mark, but these were more feminine and intricate. Her ears swiveled forward until they lowered at the sound of the caterwaul.

She smirked at the woman’s remark and chased after her, noting that she seemed to have an idea of where she was going. “I wanted a meal, but I guess its hunger was enough to rival mine.” She snorted, limbs flying. “Or maybe its mother just never taught it to share.” A lame remark, but one that was spat from panting jaws; she couldn’t really form a witty and coherent mark while sprinting for her life—especially in this kind of company.

The bump of the woman’s hip made her grin, and Vesper steered briefly into the wolf in retaliation before letting the both of them focus on running. She imagined rolling the entire globe underneath her with each push of her paws, putting more and more distance between them and the dogged cougar. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure it wasn’t in sight before asking, “Where to, gorgeous?”

<style type="text/css">
.biggerscars b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a212a; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:#b6c0c4 0px 0px 1px;}
.biggerscars t {font-style:italic; color:#1a212a; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:#b6c0c4 0px 0px 1px;}
.biggerscars .ooc {padding:10px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:center; line-height:15px;}
.biggerscars p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.biggerscars {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4c5661; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/vmrebt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding: 475px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#899194; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread