dream of fairies and summer
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Puppy logic! I don't mind Caspa bringing him down to reality a bit. xD

Skoll understood that there was a difference between make-believe stories and true narratives about something that really happened. However, at his age he couldn’t readily tell the difference yet, and so with the mind of a child he assumed that everything was true unless he was proven otherwise. His imagination was strong—frequent battles with imaginary foes or stuffed ones showed that. And his absolute thirst for stories didn’t help.

The ghost-lady spoke quietly as she questioned his claims. Tilting his head, pale rosy ears flicking thoughtfully, he simply stated, “I heard story about fairies here.” He wiggled his tail in the grass and added, “They come out an’ dance at night. All glowy. They like the flowers.” Green eyes scanned the dead field, causing his ears to lower and a small frown to tug at his mouth. He looked into the pale female’s dark eyes. “Maybe fairies goned ’cause flowers are dead?”

It was only after this tangent about the fairies that he remembered her second question, and with a frown he looked her over very, very carefully. “You don’ look like a wolf,” he said, “or dog.” His father was a dog, after all, with erect ears, a fluffy coat that didn’t feather, and a curly tail. That was all he could really base his judgments on. “Ghosts are white an’ flowy an’ pretty like you,” he added, grinning. “Whassa name? I’m Skoll.”

<style>
.sunskoll b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.sunskoll t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.sunskoll p {padding:0px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.sunskoll .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/91c4s2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.sunskoll {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/28lw1up.jpg); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.sunskoll .name {font-size:45px; font-family: 'Sancreek', cursive; text-align:center; padding:50px 0px 20px 0px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread