dream of fairies and summer
[html]

+3

She wasn't expecting flawless logic from such a young puppy. He was talking a fair amount of nonsense, though, and she couldn't wrap her head around encouraging such a thing. Why was the real world never good enough for children - why did they always have to imagine things that weren't there? She supposed it was one way to play - to expand the abilities of the young mind. She always seemed to find a sensible reason for everything, and the stories of childhood were not exempt.

"Are stories always true?" she wondered now, wanting to help him to question his own logic, but sympathetic of his disappointment, her voice gentle. "Maybe there aren't any fairies." His face had already fallen slightly, as he inspected her with an expression she knew well, having seen reflections of it upon the visage of Liam, Robin... puppies from this land could never fail to be amazed by her appearance. She quirked the corners of her mouth when he continued talking, though. Rare for a child to be initially appreciative rather than alarmed.

"It is good to meet you Skoll: my name's Caspa. And if we are trusting our eyes more than our noses and our paws," Caspa answered him gravely, "I would believe you are one of the fairies, here to trick me. Because your golden fur is, how did you say it? All glowy, and you have come out at night - which is fairy time, not puppy time. Usually," she added to let him know she wasn't rebuking him. Of course, if he was here without permission and his parents going frantic, she might have wished she had. "But of course, you are not a fairy any more than I am a ghost. You would be dancing, right? And I would not be able to do this." She bent her head to give him a slobbery lick on the top of his.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread