bedazzled
[html]

Word Count :: 527
Well, I think you did an amazing job with the whole manip. ^^

Sky explained that strangers were not uncommon on pack grounds, as d’Arte traded, and Vesper nodded quickly in understanding. While she did not have many worldly possessions of her own—if any at all, really—she understood the importance of trade to those luperci who did use weapons and wore trinkets. “Makes sense,” she said after a moment, smirking. “I guess you would also have plenty of interesting crafts people can trade for.” It was definitely a different kind of livelihood, but it wasn’t as blithe and thoughtless as she had originally assumed.

The woman’s whistle summoned a mare to them, and Vesper immediately stepped away from the horse, her posture uneasy if not actually afraid. She nodded slightly at the wolfdog’s reassurance and walked beside her as they ventured into Cercatori d’Arte territory.

Sky answered her earlier question as they walked, making chatter while they went farther past the borders. Ves tried to split her attention between listening and looking intently and curiously at the grounds, though eventually she chose the polite route and fixed her eyes on the other’s face, thoughtful.

“A coma… You must be skilled.” Vesper hadn’t actually seen another canine fall into such an unconscious state for that long, though she’d heard enough stories that didn’t turn out well. Her scarred brow arched slightly at mention of the guardian, wondering if the fellow was as messed up as she’d looked. “Sounds like a busy guy,” she muttered, though she didn’t press any more. Pack secrets were pack secrets—and even if she overcame her awkwardness around personal information, she wouldn’t quite know what to do with it. Then again, Sky had no problem bringing up Shawchert’s wounds.

The conversation took a slightly darker turn as Sky mentioned having taken lives in addition to saving them, but the look that Vesper gave her was merely thoughtful rather than judgmental. “It isn’t up to us if we’re heroes or not,” she replied with a shrug. “You were likely a hero to Valinta, in those days you kept her heart beating, and the deaths of a few others will not take that away.” Her tone was indifferent, not preachy or encouraging; it was simply a belief she held. She had saved the lives of others before, but that did not make her a hero to the majority of them—not even to Juniper, who’d only stared in shock when her abuser was shaking and crying in Vesper’s jaws.

The coywolf shook her head quickly to clear the burdensome thought from her mind then considered Sky’s question. “Not much,” she answered at first with a quick flash of teeth. “I am only a Tirones in Inferni—the starter rank for newcomers. I’m interested in fighting and scouting, though. I’ll have to decide which course I want to pursue when I get there.” She knew the neutral territories well as a former loner and had paranoia-trained senses to keep a watch on the borders, but she could also be a vicious force in battle—although getting her ass handed to her by Helotes proved that there were others even more skilled than her in the fire clan.

the Mentors!

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman; color:#b69a00; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#bb6500; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #351b0d; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:333px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread