[DND]New Places, New Faces
[html]

asdfghj We've talked about it, but once again sorry about the wait on this.

Word Count → 402

Neela was grateful that the other canine hadn’t noticed her slip, it would have raised questions that she didn’t really want to talk about to explain her reaction, or the mother might even have mistaken it for an insult or threat towards her child, which wouldn't have ended well.

Neela noticed the discreet signs of dominance that Jace was showing as she returned her greeting and responded in kind, her head and eyes dropping the slightest fraction, just a small amount but enough to notice if that was what the other female was looking for. "I'm new to the clan," she began, her voice formal and slightly stiff compared to before; the show of dominance had left her a little unsure as to her standing with the woman, "I landed my ship near the borders by mistake just over a week ago and ended up joining."

Neela lapsed off awkwardly, studying the other woman's body language carefully. Despite the dominance the woman's wagging tail seemed to indicate friendliness, so when Neela spoke her voice was once again light and friendly, "Wh-" Just as she started talking she was cut off by a shifting on her shoulder. While Jace hadn’t noticed Neela's distress Grynn certainly had. The falcon had her eyes fixed on Jace's child and was leaning forward, her wings half-spread and flexing as though she was about to take off.

With a sharp "Grynn!" Neela's hand shot up to her shoulder to rest in the birds foot, trapping her on her shoulder. While Grynn hadn’t meant any harm, at most she would have been wanting to fly closer to get a better look at the child, Neela doubted that a mother would appreciate having a falcon fly at her child. For her part Grynn gave a slight apologetic noise, which was as much as Neela was likely to get out of her, but continued unashamedly staring at the child.

"Sorry about that. Grynn's a bit to curious for her own good sometimes." Neela was embarrassed by her partner's behaviour, and slightly worried about Jace's possible reaction, though she tried to hide her worry behind friendliness, or at least she would if she could think of something o say. Not wanting to remain silent for too long Neela blurted out something about the first thing that popped into her mind. "Might I ask what the little one's name is?"

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread