Roaming
[html]

Sorry about the wait and quality, lot of college assignments and uni application stuff have suddenly crept up on me.

Word Count → 519

Neela smiled as Jacinto joined in with the music that she was playing. For a while the two played together, broken only with a small pause at her own questions. As the song came to an end she turned to Jacinto once more, her smile widening at his compliment, "Thanks. You're pretty good yourself" Neela thought that Jacinto had done a good job, especially playing a song that he had never heard before by ear as opposed to her, who had played that piece of music many times before.

Neela was just about to answer the mans second question when he suddenly jumped up and dashed off into the trees. Neela cocked her head in confusion, but her silent query was soon answered as the man returned, carrying a set of wet clothes. Between her thick fur and the high chance that her general activity would get clothing wet Neela didn’t tend to wear clothes, though she could understand the appeal for a canine that spent more time on land than herself.

When she was sure that Jacinto wouldn’t be making a second trip to fetch something else, Neela began speaking. "Multiple answers to that. Originally I'm from a town way down south, near Mexico. I sailed up this way along the coast and ended up her about… I'd say a week or two ago at a guess, not really been keeping track of time recently." She rubbed the back of her head in a slightly embarrassed manner before continuing, "Nowadays I suppose the answer to that question would be that I'm from Ichika no Ho-en, we're about a few minutes south of their borders here. They took me in when I arrived here, gave me a place to recover from the trip and I decided I liked the place enough to stay." Not an entirely accurate account, but close enough to the truth, and Neela didn't feel particularly obliged to give an accurate telling of her life story to a complete stranger.

Neela gave a small shake of her head at the coyote's comment that he wasn't particularly good with the guitar, she had thought that he had played fine, but didn’t comment. When he picked up his guitar again she mirrored the motion slightly, raising her feet out of the water to sit in a cross-legged position.

When he started to play she played along, trying to choose a tune that would complement his rather than try and copy him note for note. After a short while Neela began talking again, keeping his fingers moving across the guitar as she did so, " What brings you around these parts then?" she asked curiously. While she hadn’t yet been with her pack long enough to develop an aggressive nature about the borders, and Ichika didn’t seem to be overly aggressive in that regards compared to some packs she had heard of anyway, she was curious as to what Jacinto was doing this far north. Considering how she had arrived in Ichika she was well aware that everything north of this point until the sea was pack territory.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread