it pulls me deeper now
[html]

(307)

The lessons of Salsola had been taught in a flash, learned through observation. If there was one thing that Siv was good at it was the talent of adaptation. She had done so with the women of her sect, with her cousin, and now she would do so here. Magic was simply learning patterns and manipulating them. This was why she had gotten as far as she had so easily—her masks and her disguises were many but oh they all lived under her dark face and her peculiar, pale eyes.

She heard him approaching, for his weapons made slight swish,swish noises against his fur. The belt was the cause of this, for it was poorly made and hardly suitable for such a purpose. Siv frowned at this, but her face turned into a pretty smile at his greeting. Between his size and his general demeanor, Hrafn reminded her of her own home. This was perhaps, above all others, she was comfortable with him. “Hello Hrafn,” she replied, careful to pronounce his name correctly. It was not very hard to do so for her, but she wanted to ensure no one found fault with her. Even if she was not perfect, she could do to pretend.

“This stupid animal tried to attack my daughter,” she explained, tugging lightly at the ears of the pelt. “Still, it is pretty. I can’t say the same for your belt,” the woman went on, eyeing it humorously. “I could make you one that works, you know.” This too, was the truth. While she had not brought much, the tools she had carried from her home were well worn and more than capable. She doubted that she would have been able to replicate them herself, having little knowledge of metalworking. It was one of the few things she envied of the men.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b { font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread