Why do we play winter as a "lean time"?
During the spring and summer, there are younger animals to hunt, too, though -- spring is babytiems, after all. Kidlets are easier to take down than an adult, albeit obviously not quite as filling. :3

Your one link says that surplus killings occur in winter rather than summer -- that doesn't necessitate that summer hunting is harder, just that wolves can come across a bunch of animals stuck in deep snow and wind up killing them all. I also can't view your second link, gives me a Netflix page.

In general, though, I think we probably play our canines as wayyyy too laid-back about food. In the wild, isn't it only 1 in every 10 hunts successful? In actuality, the vast majority of threads at 'Souls should probably revolve around hunting, or at least have heavy references to recent hunting. Unfortunately, people would probably consider that quite boring. X:

I'd never really considered this before, though, I think Salsola's thread prompts make some references to winter leanness, but I think they were relevant more toward stocking the stables with more food, making sure slaves are prepped for cold weather, etc. I'll check over them and probably make some edits.

Messages In This Thread