Why do we play winter as a "lean time"?
Yeah, the Netflix documentary is where I got most of this information/heard it for the first time. I watched it a little while ago now, but I definitely recall them emphasising wolves have a comparatively harder time in the summer, and that winter is their time to shine. I just pulled the net/text based source as a secondary thing in case some people didn't have Netflix. >< (But if they doooo they should tots check out that documentary, the shots are gorgeous :3) Here is the Amazon page instead?

Anyway, I agree that our hunt threads definitely push the limits in general. Most of our wolves don't do endurance based hunts, but rely on sprinting/ambush-centric tactics, probably for the reasons you mentioned: it would get kinda lame playing out "we keep running!!!" for 5 rounds in a row in a hunting thread, only to have it conclude in "the bastard got away!" I assume a lot of hunts take place in secui form and we can therefore chalk up some of their higher success rates to that, since the halfling is faster/stronger than what North American prey animals evolved to deal with.

But you're right -- livestock/horses would still need winter stores, even if the wolves do not. XD

Messages In This Thread