Why do we play winter as a "lean time"?
I saw that documentary too, Zero, and totally had this thought XD

It think it's also good to keep in mind that the wolves we play also consume far more energy than normal wolves.

Quote:Shifting takes a bit of energy no matter the time of the month or energy level of the individual. Luperci are not able to swap quickly back and forth between forms. If a Luperci shifts numerous times consecutively, s/he may faint from the amount of energy eaten up by the shifting process.

So that might explain why our wolves have developed more of a humanized idea of stockpiling, if only because they use more energy in shifting. They also get much larger in Secui/Optime forms, and would need extra meat to support themselves. Even though prey animals are easier to hunt, they likely also don't have enough to keep several adult Luperci fed for more than a day or two, depending on how much energy they expend during the day.

We don't really have calorie consumption noted, but I'd imagine that keeping up fat stores, shifting, and all the other things our wolves do along with hunting (which as mentioned, might be more difficult with so many wolves) could explain why our wolves horde things. I can imagine there being wild-prey shortages over time, especially now that many packs have domestic stock.

Messages In This Thread