Why do we play winter as a "lean time"?
With Luperci having a relatively human way of thinking, I don't think hybernation would make hunting harder for them; after all, they can easily dig out prey from their burrows mid-hybernation if absolutely nessicary; unlike normal wolves, Luperci have more means to find and dig them out.

...like shovels, nets, rope and being able to climb trees. >.> Stuff normal wolves don't have.

So though it's harder to find them, it's not that bad a difference.

As for the main conversation, xD I have to agree with people; shortages of food in the winter? Unlikely, but possible with the differences between Luperci and normal wolves. Overhunting will eventually become a problem during the winter as the herds will have moved on, considering the population in Souls. Storing up now is very much a good idea, though storing meat probably wouldn't be a once-per-winter thing; meat goes bad and luperci lack the technology to keep it from going bad (except for Anathema, as far as I know; they have a cold cellar in the caves, if I remember correctly) and I could be wrong about this, but that could prove to be another problem.

Hunting would continue throughout the winter months, but it would gradually get harder?

I dunno, I've lost track of what I was saying. xD Anyways, there's my two cents.
I honestly don't have any sources or anything, so just ignore me if I made no sense.

Messages In This Thread