Black, red, yellow [joining]
Thanks! I liked yours a well. Smile

Indira’s ears pricked forward, picking up the faint sound of bipedal footfalls a few moments after a memory-inspiring scent twisted its way through the chilly air. Before the coywolf laid eyes on the canine coming forward, she could discern a few things. First, this individual was clearly a member of the group that laid claims to this land, as evidenced by the way her own scent peppered the borders and intermingled to become part of the unique group scent. Second, a sweet scent clearly marked her as a mother. The milk-and-young scent stirred memories that seemed murky, of a time when her own mother had nursed Indira and her siblings. That time in her life seemed so far away, obscured and clouded by a stretch of time that her young mind had not been able to record in crisp detail.

As the maternal female approached, Indira’s forward-flicked ears immediately lowered, swiveling back toward her head. The instinct that arose in her made her make small adjustments to her body, lowering her tail and flicking her pale blue eyes to look at the compacted earth at her feet. When the female entered the scene, the medium gray wolf flicked her gaze upward once, observing the fact that she, too, was the product of mixed heritage. Upon reaching this realization, Indira let her gaze settle somewhere along the female’s chin, respectfully avoiding her bi-colored gaze.

”I think you can,” the young wolf said, alto voice ringing clear in the crisp air, the simplicity of her desire and her purpose spilling into the honesty of her words. ”I want to live among those like you. My name is Indira Youroukelis.” Her pale blue gaze was earnest as it traced the bipedal female’s jaw, ears faintly trembling with anticipation of her next words. What would she say?

Word Count: 303, 3+

Messages In This Thread