Black, red, yellow [joining]
The wolfdog, Jace, gave her rank, stated her place in this pack, with a strange twist of her tongue. Indira had never heard such a blending of syllables before. It seemed that this pack used a language that lilted and lacked the hard sided consonants that Indira was used to. The sound of Jace’s rank, Yakuso, seemed to have a sort of sweet, musical quality to it. She wanted to mouth it to herself, but as all too aware of the bi-colored eyes that were taking her in. The situation at hand was far more important, and so she devoted the appropriate attention to it.

”Ichika?” she asked, finally sampling a word from this mystical new language. ”I have never heard about this place, this group, before,” Indira admitted, wondering if this was a bad thing. ”I am not from around here – I’ve come from the south,” the coywolf hybrid explained. ”I lived among a group called the Clan, and that was home until a few months ago. I departed because I wanted to find those who were perhaps more like me, mixed blood or wolfen.” She hoped that this explanation would be adequate for Jace, as it was the truth and she had no other story to impart.

”I can scout,” the medium gray female said. ”I can hunt. I’m fast. I know how to build small lean-tos. I can learn and adapt,” Indira continued. Indira hoped that this would be enough to offer Ichika. What she did not know, she could definitely learn. She was eager and willing to demonstrate these things. Her pale blue gaze traced the bipedal female’s jawline, looking for the hint of an expression, for a reaction that would give her an indication of what she was thinking. Indira was working off of instinct now, unsure if this was even the way most border interactions went. Despite her uncertainty, she felt strangely at peace about this, a quiet confidence in her submission. This must be natural.

Words: 332, 3+

Messages In This Thread