Black, red, yellow [joining]
Jace explained more about their surroundings and the group that held claim to them, once again using the strange language that had never before filled the coywolf’s ears. The language that was obviously traditional to this group seemed even more foreign to Indira than her surroundings. Still, Indira kept her pale blue gaze lowered and glued to the Yakuso, absorbing everything she could from this conversation. It seemed critical now, as Jace’s attention on Indira sharpened. Despite the fact that she could feel the weight of Jace’s scrutiny, Indira did not feel at all uncomfortable. It actually came as a bit of a relief that Jace was protective of her home; it meant that it was worth protecting and working for.

Jace’s questions were very important, and Indira furrowed her brow slightly as she let her mind go over her most recent past. There had been times that she had considered stealing before, but she had never acted on those urges. ”I almost stole a kill, once, from a neighbor. My family was pre-occupied with my mom’s bad health and we hadn’t really hunted. But no, I didn’t steal it. I have thought about it before, but my mom taught me to care for myself,” Indira answered, as honestly as she could. Was it a sin to consider something bad? She didn’t know how she would be judged, but she at least wanted to be honest.

”I’m not really spiritual. I haven’t really thought about it. I think there is something else after this, but I don’t know what it is. At least, I want there to be something after this.” Indira thought this was a strange question, something she had to mull over in her own mind. She did not have very many beliefs and lived in the present instead. ”As one of mixed heritage, I do not hold anything against people of different breeds. I just have felt lonely when faced with the idea of living among so many of the same blood, without anyone who might look like me, or different at all.”

Words: 346, 3+

Messages In This Thread