The Great Unknown
[html]
+232

Skoll had some basic knowledge of books, as sometimes his caretakers would read a small passage to him whenever he was having trouble falling asleep. Most tales were told orally, though, and he had no idea what the symbols he was currently squinting at meant. He shuffled out of the way when Terra wandered over and began to read aloud.

A familiarity with fumbling puppy-speech meant that the prince was good at figuring out words, and as soon as the adult slurred the sentence, Skoll burst out, “Peace be with you!” He grinned in triumph and turned in a quick circle, looking up at the cinnamon coywolf excitedly. After a moment, though, he frowned and looked back at the carving. “Whassat mean? Peace good. Peace be with me?” He wasn’t quite sure if it was a commandment or a reassurance, as he wasn’t familiar with the fine points of philosophy yet.

However, soon something else had gotten his attention. Abandoning the lettering, he scampered over to the other side of the room and pawed at a flat gold disc lying among some other artifacts. It was somewhat like a bronzed mirror, one that reflected his face in a somewhat distorted way. Immediately he began to make faces into it and giggle.

“I look like stones outside,” Skoll informed his exploration partner, baring his teeth at the mirror in a wicked puppy snarl.

<style type="text/css">
.scolly b {font-weight:bold; color:#a02d1c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1f0704; }
.scolly p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.scolly {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#542b26; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DLBXY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 258px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a8614d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread