sunset sunrise
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 354 :: Rambly Vesper rambles solemnly.

Vesper liked to see old wolves with spirit. He wasn’t really all that old compared to other elders she had seen, but he was also non-luperci; as far as she’d heard, the virus extended life even as it destroyed the bonds to the old life. She returned his wink with a smirk, letting him now silently that he didn’t have anything to worry about from her. Had she been a few seasons younger, she might have harassed him, but something told her that he’d be able to bowl her over with as much ease as a wolf half his age. Right now, she didn’t know how they’d match up, but right now, she also knew that violence for violence’s sake was pointless.

The silvery male seemed to sympathize with her, and she nodded in complete agreement with his words. She had wanted to prove that she was just as powerful and smart and fast as them with her birth shape. Now it was pointless; many non-luperci, like him, wouldn’t look at her the same again. She hadn’t wanted to prove herself to anyone but herself and perhaps others who were born as wild wolves should be—but that was all pointless now.

His question gave her paws, and a slightly shameful lowering of her ears accompanied a frown. She turned her blue eyes away. “I don’t know,” she confessed. “I can’t stand the thought of wearing clothes or riding those ugly prey animals around when I have fur and four paws of my own. I don’t want to touch a blade when claws and teeth are fairer. But the halfling shape lends me bulk, and the two-legged one helps me climb.”

Her voice grew slightly more confident as she glanced over at him, realizing with a hint of pride that it didn’t really matter what he thought. “I am not like the luperci pretending to be humans. But I don’t completely deny the curse that was given to me. I don’t know where you’d draw the line between being fully changed or not… I just know I’ll never forget what I used to be.”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread