devil's in the details
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 338 words. .

The owl was rather content on his new perch, despite how it tried and failed to shrug him off. His talons only clung more determinedly onto the shoulder, not grating through the flesh so much as he was keeping his ground. With each shake his wings would span to keep his balance nearly knocking the poor girl in the head as they unfurled. It was only his master came loping to them that he showed from sign of possibly letting go. His watchful eyes shown with avian amusement at her less their graceful advance. “You look silly,” he hooted softly, knowing now her ears were trained enough to pick up his speech. The annoyed growl in turn proved his assumption right and again he hooted with mirth, relinquishing his reluctant perch for a more familiar one as it made itself available.

As X’yrin rose she caught the bird on her shoulder still looking annoyed from his previous abandonment. A smarting comment was kept just on her lips but she hadn’t the energy to execute neither it nor the will. Her disposition was still less than pleasant for the moment, but it brightened seeing her friend’s smiling face and her offering. “You didn’t have to do that,” she muttered beneath her breath, tail tucking shyly between her thighs. “Seeing you use these techniques is payment enough for me.”

Truth be told, any time she could spend away from Ichika at the moment was a reward in its own way. She had no qualms with the pack as a whole, but the wound suffered by her own selfish act was still raw. Even the presence of her lover did little to subdue the pain the emotional pain… no matter how rigorously he tried. “But I appreciate your efforts,” she smiled, complimenting the woman’s thoughtfulness before her fragile smile faltered at the name of her pack. Hastily, she replied, “Everything is fine. I just needed a break from the work is all. Has everything faired will for you in your home?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread