devil's in the details
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 350 words. Is there a point to this madness? You bet there is.

A rare breed. This would not be the first time the woman heard this comment ushered on her behalf. Usually it was spoken by those not used to her culture’s giving nature, or the few unwilling to believe that an emotional invocation carried the same merit as something substantial; physical. She listened with receptive ears to her companion’s talk of Inferni, relating to the situation she had found herself in. It was not long ago that the Nomad was in the coywolf’s position; residing just of the fringe of community and the wild, keeping to herself but not withholding completely. It was a testing time for certain, one in which she had faith the woman would prevail. She smiled fondly, reveling in her own comfortable silence before it was interrupted by the beginning of their lesson.

As Vesper rose from her seat the owl took flight allotting the female with freer movement now unhindered by his weight. X’yrin never fancied herself an instructor, but felt herself capable enough to provide what knowledge she could in their limited time. Rather than delve straight into exchanging blows, she took a moment to enlighten her pupil of the ways of the art she would teach.

“It is not enough to exchange blows,” she began, raising a clawed hand to comb back the bangs that covered her eyes. “You must have set in your mind what your goal is. You may not always be given the time to recall certain movements, but as long as you have in your mind what you are trying to achieve, your body will follow suit. Try this; focus only on getting behind me. Be it to escape of take me by surprise is irrelevant. You want only to get behind me.” Patiently, the woman clasped her hands behind her back while standing well balanced on the balls of her feet. She took no particular stance or gave any indication she would attempt to thwart her progress. She simply stood there, smiling as she always did, awaiting her pupil’s advance. “Once you do this, we can advance to blows.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread