Lord on High, Deliver Me
[html]
wee <3, also hope you don't mind that i pp that they talked about her rank here.
Word Count ► 490

The moment her deftly skilled fingers wove downward, slinking as low as she dared to go without his expressive say so - which was still pretty low. His hand shot out, and the colorful woman managed to keep her look level, betraying none of the feelings of success that filled her. She was rather proud to have been able to force the man to react, and it was more than obvious now that he was lusting after her, even a little bit. But at least he had the self-restraint to grab her wrist and pull her guilty hand away from his sensitive regions. What would it look like to a lord's subjects to see the King so high above them doing something so low as them? It would not do, not at all.

Sirius took her hand and gave it a gentlemanly kiss, though the woman could easily see that gentleman was something he only played at. Isabella liked that; gentlemen all wanted the same thing anyway, best be that they were open about it and let their uncouthness show. Isabella figured it was only decorum that kept the man from collecting what his trinket had already paid for, well in advanced. But she had a distaste for such displays in public, where people could eyeball a free show without paying for it. Once, she had done that, charged for a show and it was even stranger considering the payment came from a woman watching her man. It was strange, but Isabella had only asked for payment and payment had come into her hands willingly. Why say no?

So he was a King, a lord here. That meant he had wealth and power in this land of thistles, as he had called it. Kingdom? That was certainly better than finding a dusty old log cabin or cottage and attempting to create a business in a place as dead as a winter garden. But he welcomed her nonetheless. She gave him a coy smile, lightly touching his arm as she looked toward the interior of the territory. "Salsola," she said, tasting the word on her tongue and testing the flow of it off her lips. Her bi-colored eyes shifted back to him, as he explained to her what her new rank entailed in the kingdom he governed so proudly.

What rankled her was that she had to be subservient to the other people, even if she could not find approval for them nor care about them. Isabella was careful to not let her displeasure show, simply listening to him explain what would need to be done, as well as what she may have to do. Branding? That seemed extreme to her. But perhaps things would not have to go so far as that. "And who shall guide me in this cold land?" cooed the colored woman, squeezing at his arm as she flicked her tail against his leg gently.

<style type="text/css">
.wheart b {font-weight:normal; color:#526b96; text-shadow:#466baa 0px 0px 3px; }
.wheart .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#466baa; text-align:center; text-shadow:#000000 0px 1px 1px;}
.wheart p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.wheart {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#02070e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3P7Kq.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/UyEOs.jpg) ; background-position:bottom center,top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #526b96; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Palatino Linotype, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#1d3256; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.wheart .wc {color:#466baa; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #466baa; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.wheart-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #02070e; margin:0 auto;}
.wheart-b2 {width:504px; border:1px solid #a8a8a8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread