and i cannot say no.
[html]
As soon as their flesh met, she wrapped her arms carefully around him, holding onto him for strength as much as she wanted to give him comfort. She gently rested her head against his figure, knowing that each one of the scars that crossed his body was a painful reminder that he was a machine set to kill. "I still want to be here for you....and if I can be so bold, for my family. You and Foalin, the children...you're all I've got left here. My kids ran off, my siblings vanished....they've scattered to the winds themselves, and I wanted to find them." She explained why she felt the need to leave, why at this moment, on the eve of war, she had to run away. "Is he fool enough to accept a kill in the spirit of battle? Lace it with Sage, and he'll go down. It's poison to our kind." She said with a thin smile, an attempt at humor. She quickly sobered though, a long sigh escaping her lips. "Why is it always us verses them? My mother was mixed, and so am I, but it's not enough to matter. This is a pointless war. If bloodshed is needed, why not make it for a good cause? What excuse did he give for hurting those two?" Although, thinking it over, she realized if he had been given the chance to explain, he would have been dead. Gabriel was good about avenging his own.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread