the moon and i
[html]

Word Count → 269 :: Holy crap, sorry for the short post. >< I drew a blank.

The male did not startle when he heard her, merely speaking a question that Vesper did not answer. She took the time that she was involuntarily hidden to look him over again, interested by the cloak but not so much as she was interested in how unfamiliar he was. He smelled enough of the clan to prove that he had joined or at least spent a time around the others, but there were other wilder smells underneath the fresh ones—the aroma of land, of heritage. It perplexed the female, who gave her head a shake then finally stepped out from the bushes she’d been standing uncertainly in.

“You’re new,” Vesper remarked needlessly. “And yeah, I’m in the clan.” A rush of awkwardness suddenly overcame her, mostly because she didn’t know what to say next. She let silence exist between them as her blue eyes flicked critically over his posture. “Were you hurt?” she asked, taking a wild guess from the smell of herb and Enkiel on him. Surely she’d reeked of the jackal after the hours he had spent saving her life.

Partially because she was truly thirsty, but partially to exaggerate her lack of concern, the coywolf walked to the bank of her stream and lapped at the cold, fresh water. It rejuvenated her instantly, and with a quick wag of her tail she turned back around to look at him. “My name’s Vesper,” she added. “I’m pretty new here myself—well, been around about a month after the healer took me in.” She flashed a quick smirk not thinking that her freshest scars needed much explanation.

<style type="text/css">
.losingsleepwide b {font-weight:bold; color:#92b2a0; letter-spacing:1px;}
.losingsleepwide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.losingsleepwide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.losingsleepwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#92b2a0;}
.losingsleepwide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.losingsleepwide {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:700px; min-width:500px; background-color:#1f1d15; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2n19d9z.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#716853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#1f1d15 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread